Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Looking forward to the weekend

Yeah, yeah, I know.  I sweat through the weekend, complaining about how hot it is, and then during the week I look forward to the next one.

I've been spending the last couple of days doing minor work on the shed... adding some extra boards to the roof trusses to secure the gaps in the roof plywood.  I also added an extra anchor bolt in the low corner, and I will be adding an extra layer of mortar on top of the existing concrete this week [weather dependent] (picked up 3 sacks of mortar this afternoon).

The next big job on the shed is the roofing.  I would have picked up the shingles today, but I didn't want to hit the bank account that hard when I know I won't be able to use them before Saturday morning.

Besides the shed, we're about ready to start on the next painting job... the guest bathroom.  I will be patching holes and taking off hardware over the next night or two, and Pam will be masking off things that don't need pain.  Hope to paint on Saturday afternoon.



Why the big rush?  Well, our wine consultant, Megan from PRP Wine will be hosting a wine event at our house at the end of the month.  We've been one of her customers for a couple of years.  Sure, the wine we buy costs more than the stuff at the grocery store, but it is better wine. (We go through a couple of bottles a month... but we don't do much else.)  Anyway, the object is to have the house looking as good as possible before that event, instead of its usual disastrous state.

No comments:

Post a Comment