Friday, July 15, 2011

Almost there...

Haven't posted for a couple of days... several small things finished.  Wednesday, I cut & installed the last few shingles on the roof ridge.  Barely had enough.  Yesterday, I mixed up a bag of mortar and refinished the front stoop of the shed.  It still isn't sidewalk quality, but its smooth enough now that it won't hurt bare feet.

This afternoon, we're going to go down and buy siding.  This weekend, I'll be putting that up.  Sunday, I may take time to mix up the rest of the mortar to smooth out the inside floor.  Then its picture time again.

Also worked on patching the walls in the guest bathroom.  It turned out that I didn't need an Allen wrench to remove the TP holder & Towel rack, just a small screw driver.  Left some nasty holes.  Those are covered now, although I still need to sand the patches smooth.  Then we will tape and paint.

Next week (after payday!), I plan to get some good lumber to make mounting plates for the Towel rack, etc.  I also want to get a router table to make it easy to put a nice edge on them.  Then I can also do the trim on the garage stairway (needed doing for at least 3 years now).

No comments:

Post a Comment