Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Burn, Baby, Burn!

Another near record hot day!

I got home from work Tuesday afternoon, and immediately installed the two mounting plates for the dining room window drapery hooks.  The hooks ended up being a few degrees off of plumb, but I take the exercise as a success, since I learned to work with the new caulk behind trim.  Nothing too serious with the job that a little touch up paint won't fix.

Later, after the sun got a little lower (and it wasn't quite as hot), I went out and mounted the cap shingles that I had cut the day before.  Of course I hadn't cut enough, but I did have enough to do about 2/3 of the shed ridge.  I figure I need about 8 more cap shingles... fortunately, I have 3 more shingles in the last pack, which will make 9 caps.  Glad I don't have to buy another package of shingles ($22 a pack!)

The final chore that I hit in the evening was patching work in the guest bathroom.  There were a number of holes that needed to be filled (old screw holes from various things).  I wasn't able to remove the towel and toilet paper holders since I couldn't find my Allen wrenches... I'll do that tonight, when I hit the second coat of patching compound.

Next up on the shed (after the final cap shingles) is siding...  this weekend.  Inside, we're working on prepping to paint the guest bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment