Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hot Today

Yesterday (day after majority of roofing installed), I came home from work and knocked out two minor tasks on the shed:  (1)  cutting a bunch of cap shingles (trimming them two the shape needed to install them on the roof ridge) and (2) reseat and level the door frame so that it is flush against the wall, and doesn't cause the door to stick.  I would have done more, except I was short of time, having to head to a Toastmaster's meeting.

After the meeting, I did take a few minutes to start putting together the mounting plates for the Dining Room drapery hooks.  These hooks are used to hold open the drapes.  They had previously been screwed directly to the wall, but the fit wasn't very secure (one hook in another location actually tore out!).  I decided when we painted the walls that I would add some decorative wooden plates between the wall and the hooks to provide more grab for the screws.  I hope to install this kind of plate throughout the house (behind towel racks, etc.), although most of them will have to be custom made.  The ones behind the drapery hooks I acquired from Lowes.  Their original purpose was to be end plates where a wooden (stairway) railing butted into a wall.  Whatever works.  I didn't actually install either of the two plates I was working on... ran out of time at 10pm.  Need to dig out my caulk gun this evening to apply sealant behind the plates as I screw them in.  Pictures after.

No comments:

Post a Comment