Thursday, June 23, 2011

Going Slow

No, no new pictures today.  Mostly, I've been doing small stuff that doesn't show.  Measuring the walls as they were built to make sure I knew  how wide to make the roof trusses (the walls were vertical within about 1/2 inch), cleaning out the garage a little bit (to make room to build the trusses -- possible afternoon thundershower) and stuff like that.  Hoping to lay out the truss pattern this evening.  I don't know if I'll have time to build five trusses before I have to go out with the Boy Scouts on Sunday.

One thing that I did notice... when I took the hand level, and laid it on the top of the wall, I found that the whole shed was sloping to the north... i.e., toward the door.  Not a whole lot; maybe 1" of drop from one end to the other.  But combined with the gap under the SW corner, it tells me that the problem with the slab was not that I poured the corner low, but that I poured the center a little high.  Geez.. that's what I get from building my form from scrap lumber... the form wasn't straight!  Not a big deal.  Still looks pretty good, and any spills inside will drain to the door.  By the time I finish next month, it should look as good as if it were professionally built.

No comments:

Post a Comment