Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting ready for another big weekend

The last two nights have been kind of slow for household projects.  Yes, I did finish moving the pile of gravel in the driveway to the back yard.  The shed pad is pretty close to leveled, and I've squared the form and staked it down.  The painting in the house is mostly done (except for the family room trim).

Tomorrow, I will be stopping by Lowes to buy reinforcing steel and anchor bolts for the shed slab.  Putting that in is a pretty minor chore, but its the last thing that needs to be done before the sack concrete is delivered Saturday morning.  I expect that Saturday is going to be a long day. 

Sunday will be busy too, since after I get the slab in, I can immediately start getting my framing lumber organized.  There isn't a lot of cutting to do to frame the shed walls, but I want to pre-assemble my trusses (all five of them), and that way the building will go up in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment