Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend.  Not to mention, HOT!  I went through four t-shirts on Saturday, changing shirts every time one got completely soaked through.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had completed the shed slab, and was ready to put up the actual structure.   Of course, I have some practical experience in house construction, so it wasn't that big of a deal to assemble the walls. 

As you can see in this picture, I put up the long (8') walls first.
The short walls (6') were easier in some ways, since I already had something to nail them to.  Harder in other ways, since the had to fit between the existing side walls.  I kind of goofed on the end with the door, since I measured 5' 5" clear, but then cut 5' 4".  Not that big of a deal, since I had plenty of scrap to shim the difference, but that's what I get for not writing things down.

After I had the walls up, it was obvious that the slab wasn't quite right.  The back right corner (as seen looking in the door) is low, with a gap of an inch or so between the concrete and the bottom plate.  I'm not too concerned... I figure I can add a layer of mortar to build it up a little bit... I need to coat much of the finished surface to get it to look good anyway.

Next up:  the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment