Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm All Broken Up

Well... Broken out anyway.

Last Friday, I decided to tackle trimming the bushes in the front yard, a task that Pam has been pestering me to do for some time.  So I got out the hedge trimmer, and started cutting.

One of the things about this job is that there were some vines climbing up one wall behind the bushes.  Well, I just jumped right in and started yanking them down.  Bad mistake.  It was poison ivy, and I was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.  You can imagine the results.  By Saturday afternoon, I was breaking out on arms and legs.  Sunday, one eye was swollen partly shut.

Best of all, I started my new job on Monday.


Now, on Tuesday, the eyes are mostly better.  Legs too.  Still have a lot of dry itchies on my arms, but I'll live.

Lesson learned:  long sleeve shirt, long pants, gloves when doing yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment